POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Geometric puzzle Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:17:59 EDT (-0400)
  Geometric puzzle (Message 192 to 201 of 201)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: Geometric puzzle
Date: 18 Dec 2009 16:36:07
Message: <4b2bf5c7$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:

> doesn't it bother you then that computers math operations use fake real
> numbers?

The fact that they're fake doesn't bother me.

The fact that it's a non-associative algebra is a little disturbing
though... o_O

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 18 Dec 2009 16:37:00
Message: <4b2bf5fc$1@news.povray.org>
>> Fundamentally, what it comes down to is this: No matter how smooth it
>> looks, *I* would know it's fake. And that would seriously annoy me.
>
> So pixels bug you, huh?

Well... given the choice, I am a vector graphics kind of guy. ;-)

I haven't yet come up with a ray to raytrace something and come up with
a vector description though. I'm guessing this is highly, *highly*
intractable.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/