POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Miracle products Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:20:37 EDT (-0400)
  Miracle products (Message 41 to 50 of 114)
From: somebody
Subject: Re: Miracle products
Date: 27 Nov 2009 18:23:09
Message: <4b105f5d$1@news.povray.org>
news:4b0fa022$1@news.povray.org...

> Disproving a theory is every bit as important as proving a theory. By
> proving that the psychic phenominon does not exist, now nobody else
> needs to study it. This is beneficial.

If *nobody else* studying it is good, an unqualified *nobody* studying it is
even better, is it not?

Besides, the nature of paranormal claims is such that they can not be
conclusively disproven. There will never be a study to disprove that which
is not a theory.

> The *best way* to determine whether something is crazy or not is not to
> stand there and say "that's crazy", but to actually go out and do actual
> research and *prove* the answer one way or the other. THIS IS HOW
> SCIENCE WORKS!

Paranormal is by definition outside the scope of science. You cannot prove
"the answer the other way".

Post a reply to this message