POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Miracle products : Re: Miracle products Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:25:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Miracle products
From: Stefan Viljoen
Date: 28 Nov 2009 01:45:45
Message: <4b10c719@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

> Stefan Viljoen wrote:
>
>> Didn't both the CIA and the KGB at a stage seriously study psychokinesis,
>> "reading" and other types of "extrasensory" phenomena for possible
>> military applications?
>
> Hey, studying things is a valid way to determine whether there's any
> truth to them - provided you do the studying correctly and don't just
> try to dream up data that supports the conclusion you want to reach. ;-)

Point taken... I've often wondered just how many $ or comecon roubles went
into that before they scientifically decided "nawww..."

The idea of course being that there very likely isn't a more effective
device for making money disappear like a military research organization or
project! If it is for some pipe-dream project or something a lay person
could have told you was utter drivel beforehand, so much the better.

--
Stefan Viljoen