POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Miracle products Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:13:47 EDT (-0400)
  Miracle products (Message 15 to 24 of 114)
From: Stefan Viljoen
Subject: Re: Let's call Stockholm!
Date: 26 Nov 2009 11:06:49
Message: <4b0ea799@news.povray.org>
wrote:

> The guys should be granted the Nobel Price, for sure.
>
> To be able to create an electrical field strong enough to attract ions
> over a distance of 5000 m from a plane: respect!
>
> Of course - I would not recommend using a device this highly charged near
> any combutible or instable substances, especially when one is doing the
> detecting from a few meters away. I am pretty sure if such a device could
> be built, it would detect explosives from a few meters distance for sure.
> Once. And in a very terminal way.

Teehee! Good one.

It reminds me of Terry Pratchett's "dragon detector" that CMOT Dibbler was
selling in "Guards! Guards!" - a piece of wood about as long as your hand.

You knew it had detected the dragon when it had burned completely through.

Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back.
--
Stefan Viljoen

Post a reply to this message