POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Trivial trigonometry Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:18:08 EDT (-0400)
  Trivial trigonometry (Message 159 to 168 of 178)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Trivial trigonometry
Date: 7 Dec 2009 22:23:37
Message: <4b1dc6b9$1@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott wrote:
> Of course, the only flaw in the argument is that a cat isn't a particle,
> so what effects *one* particle, doesn't effect something made of a *lot*
> of them.

Why not?  Indeed, that *is* the flaw in the argument, but the question is
"why not?"

> This is the absurdity involved. Its like asking why relativity
> doesn't work in black holes. Because its a bloody black hole, which has
> different rules.

Relativity works just fine in black holes. That's why we know about them.

> In effect, QM is what goes on in single instances,

Single instances of what?

> normal reality is an emergent property of what happens when QM can't
> (or, if you prefer, the constraints put on the system reduce the
> probability of a different result to near zero).

Like what, in the case of the cat, specifically?  A different result from
being alive or dead?

> Same with particle interactions. Right?

You tell me. You seem to have it all figured out so trivially.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)