POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Trivial trigonometry : Re: Trivial trigonometry Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:21:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Trivial trigonometry
From: Darren New
Date: 8 Dec 2009 01:32:35
Message: <4b1df303$1@news.povray.org>
Kevin Wampler wrote:
> If you want to still call this a wave (perhaps a wave in the
> configuration space of the system?) then that's clearly fine, but it's
> worth keeping in mind that it's a different sort of wave than one
> generally means in classical systems.

I think that's really the problem. When I say "it's not a wave", I'm saying
you don't get any of the same measurements from one particle that you'd get
from a wave. There's some wave-like stuff going on, but not in a way that
you'd normally say the photon *is* a wave.

For more fun confusion, what does multi-world say about stuff?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_suicide_and_immortality

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)