POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tool of choice for lighteweight Linux GUI tools Server Time
4 Sep 2024 23:24:31 EDT (-0400)
  Tool of choice for lighteweight Linux GUI tools (Message 5 to 14 of 14)
From: clipka
Subject: Re: Tool of choice for lighteweight Linux GUI tools
Date: 19 Nov 2009 08:03:28
Message: <4b054220$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New schrieb:

>> First question: How can I get Tk to use the window manager's look &
>> feel? A simple test script resulted in something motif-like, even
>> though according to Wikipedia Tcl/Tk 8 and above should use the
>> "native" look & feel, which in this particular case is KDE4.

> More recently, there's "ttk", which is a re-do of Tk.  I'm afraid I
> haven't used it much, but it's apparently supposed to make that sort of
> thing much easier.

Looks like the way to go: It's apparently a re-do of the traditional Tk
widgets, with a framework to implement custom styles, which may or may
not be implemented using "native" GUI widgets. Unfortunately, while
there seems to exist a Qt style (TileQt), I can't get that one to
compile for some obscure reason.

Well, I'm trying for qtcl now.

Post a reply to this message