POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tool of choice for lighteweight Linux GUI tools : Re: Tool of choice for lighteweight Linux GUI tools Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:25:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tool of choice for lighteweight Linux GUI tools
From: Darren New
Date: 20 Nov 2009 20:03:42
Message: <4b073c6e$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
> Darren New schrieb:
>
>>> to my pleasant surprise, the same functionality is available "ready
>>> to rock" for Windows as well (via ActiveTcl); and the language is
>>> ugly as hell - so all in all it's pretty much the right stuff for me...
>>
>> Note that you can get the free version of everything from ActiveTcl if
>> you like.
>
> Guess why I mentioned it... ;-)

Sure. I was just pointing out that they do a not-too-shabby job of obscuring
the link to the for-free versions of stuff. :-)  Not as bad as some, but
they do give you the whole package for free.

Incidentally, be aware there's a bug in the Teacup code that keeps it from
properly replacing the teacup code on Vista. I.e., "teacup update-self" will
hang with the command window open until you type the command that it was
supposed to run. I'm not sure why.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Is God willing to prevent naglams, but unable?