POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Has anyone seen me? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:22:49 EDT (-0400)
  Has anyone seen me? (Message 1 to 10 of 18)
From: SharkD
Subject: Has anyone seen me?
Date: 17 Nov 2009 02:55:20
Message: <4b0256e8$1@news.povray.org>
In the process of writing one of my scenes I arrived through tedious
trial and error at a particular constant with a value of 0.28867519
(plus an unknown number of additional decimals after the last place).

No matter to how many decimal places I manually determine the value, I'd
rather know for sure *where* the number came from and *what* it
represents. Is it a mathematical constant like 'e'? Is it the result of
some trigonometric expression?

My question is, in your travels in the land of mathematics, have you
seen this number before? Is it familiar to you? Have you arrived at this
value yourself in past operations, and how?

I would post the entire scene (probably the only *real* solution), but
it is fairly complex and I haven't received a lot of responses in my

Anyway, thanks for any assistence.

Mike

Post a reply to this message