POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Has anyone seen me? : Re: Has anyone seen me? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:17:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Has anyone seen me?
From: Invisible
Date: 17 Nov 2009 05:18:24
Message: <4b027870$1@news.povray.org>
Vincent Le Chevalier wrote:
> Hey, that's a possible use of Wolfram alpha :-)
>
> http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=0.28867519

Heh. And to think I specifically didn't try that because I figured it
wouldn't tell me anything interesting...

So apparently your number is one nineth of the twenty vertex constant. :-P

> Seems fairly close to sqrt(3)/6, then. Not exactly but close enough.

Also 1/(2 * Sqrt(3)), cos(73°), log(4/3) and several others...

...but it's probably the root of some polynomial or something weird.
Without knowing what on earth this number is supposed to be for, it's
hard to say.