POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Closing a DVD drive's tray Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:20:08 EDT (-0400)
  Closing a DVD drive's tray (Message 49 to 58 of 58)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Closing a DVD drive's tray
Date: 22 Nov 2009 18:45:31
Message: <4b09cd1b$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 19:08:27 +0000, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

>>> Wait - you've touched an *actual* oscilliscope?!
>>
>> What's weird in that? I have one laying on my living room's table.
>
> Last time I checked, such equipment costs thousands of pounds.
> (Presumably because few people need to buy them...)

2 minutes on Google found this:

http://www.allspectrum.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=28

So much for "thousands of pounds", HPS10 portable handheld oscilloscope,
on sale for $119,99.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 23 Nov 2009 04:42:24
Message: <4b0a5900@news.povray.org>
>> Last time I checked, such equipment costs thousands of pounds.
>
> So does a decent computer. :-)

You must have a radically different idea of what a "decent" computer is
than I do. ;-) My PC was white hot when I made it, and that only cost me
£500. (Obviously it's nearly obsolete *now*... but back when it was new,
it was pretty hyped.)

Post a reply to this message

> So much for "thousands of pounds", HPS10 portable handheld oscilloscope,
> on sale for $119,99.

Yeah, well, that's a digital replica. I'm talking about the real
osciliscopes with the large CRT display and so forth.

Post a reply to this message

> Yeah, well, that's a digital replica. I'm talking about the real
> osciliscopes with the large CRT display and so forth.

Define large CRT display and give some models of "real" oscilloscopes.

-Aero

Post a reply to this message