POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Closing a DVD drive's tray : Re: Closing a DVD drive's tray Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:23:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Closing a DVD drive's tray
From: Invisible
Date: 26 Nov 2009 04:36:11
Message: <4b0e4c0b$1@news.povray.org>
> You're getting hung up on the details of one device and missing the
> larger picture that a usable device doesn't cost what you claimed.

Right. When somebody said "I have an osciliscope" I just assumed they
meant one of those really expensive once you only ever see on TV and
forgot that these days you can buy cheaper immitations, so it's not
quite so surprising.

(Heck, these days it wouldn't be too surprising if people don't just buy
some sort of probe, connect it to a PC and display the signal that way...)