POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Closing a DVD drive's tray Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:20:11 EDT (-0400)
  Closing a DVD drive's tray (Message 19 to 28 of 58)
From: Stefan Viljoen
Subject: Re: Closing a DVD drive's tray
Date: 15 Nov 2009 04:13:15
Message: <4affc62b@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:

> Stefan Viljoen wrote:
>> Anoia indeed.
>
> Wait till your CD gets stuck in your car's CD player. Fortunately it was
> still under warrantee.

Yikes! I can see that being a bit more of a problem. However I'm so
frustrated now I feel I could take an axe to my car's dashboard, if the disc
was in there.

--
Stefan Viljoen

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 15 Nov 2009 11:54:09
Message: <4b003231$1@news.povray.org>
Stefan Viljoen wrote:
> What do your double-sided discs contain? A game's data?

Usually Pan&Scan vs Widescreen movies.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 15 Nov 2009 19:30:00
Message: <web.4b009cbf8e473441a049a19e0@news.povray.org>
Stefan Viljoen <pov### [at] polardcom> wrote:
> How do you do it?

tok@linuxbox:~$ man eject
tok@linuxbox:~$ eject -t dvd

From the manual:

       -t   With  this  option the drive is given a CD-ROM tray close command.
            Not all devices support this command.

--
Tor Olav
http://subcube.com