POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Closing a DVD drive's tray : Re: Closing a DVD drive's tray Server Time
8 Oct 2024 18:35:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Closing a DVD drive's tray
From: Saul Luizaga
Date: 16 Nov 2009 01:33:05
Message: <4b00f221@news.povray.org>
Stefan Viljoen wrote:
> A friend of mine says doing it "my way" can damage the drive and / or the
> tray mechanism - I can understand that if you bend or ram the tray closed,
> but if you just gently touch it until it starts closing by itself?

Your friend is right, CD/DVDs are actually fragile, and careful handling
will give it more useful lifetime. so just gently put the "silver round
thingy" on it and push the close/open tray button. :-)

Thank "sensing" and eventually destructive behavior is what user tend to
do out of comfortability of use and exactly what the makers wants users
to do, so they can sell more units. Any PC tech with some experience
will tell you the same.

Cheers.