POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Swell. Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:17:00 EDT (-0400)
  Swell. (Message 173 to 182 of 312)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: Swell.
Date: 10 Nov 2009 17:01:08
Message: <4af9e2a4@news.povray.org>
>> The Steam installer allows you to choose where to install it.
>
> Cool. I'll remember that.
>
> Of course, with Steam, you can just uninstall everything, reinstall to a
> different drive, and then re-download the games, not losing anything at
> all.

Not quite true: You lose any saved games, for example. And you have to
re-download several GB of data, which could take several days.

What you can do instead is do a "game backup", and then later a "game
restore". This is officially supported, and there are instructions
somewhere...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/