POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Swell. : Re: Swell. Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:16:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Swell.
From: Darren New
Date: 10 Nov 2009 18:58:29
Message: <4af9fe25$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Compared to sitting still watching the game on TV, it involves *a lot*
> of muscle. ;-) And I can't really imagine that baseball requires less
> muscle power than football...

I think you haven't watched a lot of football. It's not like they don't run
in football either. Indeed, other than the guys hitting the balls, I think
most of the running involves coming in from the outfield and going back out
again in the next inning. I suspect football players run more in 10 minutes
than a whole ball team runs in an entire game.

> I rephrase: I can run very, very fast indeed. I can't do this for more
> than a few seconds, however.

That's just practice. Really. When I first started doing stairmaster
exercise, I couldn't go for more than 5 minutes or so. Within maybe 3 weeks
of trying three times a day, a full half hour at a higher difficulty setting
isn't even difficult.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)