POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Most cryptic SMS ever Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:24:31 EDT (-0400)
  Most cryptic SMS ever (Message 1 to 10 of 25)
From: Invisible
Subject: Most cryptic SMS ever
Date: 2 Nov 2009 04:56:59
Message: <4aeeaceb$1@news.povray.org>
I just received the following message:

"Small black big seen in salvage and pheasantry."

It's from a person I know as well. WTF?

Post a reply to this message

From: Tim Attwood
Subject: Re: Most cryptic SMS ever
Date: 2 Nov 2009 23:25:47
Message: <4aefb0cb$1@news.povray.org>
> "Small black big seen in salvage and pheasantry."

Translation: "My computer just caught a virus"

Post a reply to this message

From: Stefan Viljoen
Date: 3 Nov 2009 01:29:33
Message: <4aefcdcc@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

> I just received the following message:
>
> "Small black big seen in salvage and pheasantry."
>
> It's from a person I know as well. WTF?

Looks like typical spam email nonsense words.
--
Stefan Viljoen

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 3 Nov 2009 04:04:11
Message: <4aeff20b$1@news.povray.org>
Tim Attwood wrote:

> Translation: "My computer just caught a virus"

Can you send SMS from a computer?

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 3 Nov 2009 04:04:26
Message: <4aeff21a$1@news.povray.org>
Stefan Viljoen wrote:

> Looks like typical spam email nonsense words.

...except it's not email.

Post a reply to this message

From: Fredrik Eriksson
Date: 3 Nov 2009 06:10:50
Message: <op.u2tf0dvs7bxctx@bigfrog.bredbandsbolaget.se>
On Tue, 03 Nov 2009 10:04:10 +0100, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:

> Can you send SMS from a computer?

Yes.

--
FE

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 3 Nov 2009 06:16:21
Message: <4af01105@news.povray.org>
>> Can you send SMS from a computer?
>
> Yes.

1. How on earth do you do that?

2. Does any known malware actually exploit this fact?

Post a reply to this message