POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Random name statistics Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:21:56 EDT (-0400)
  Random name statistics (Message 1 to 10 of 41)
From: Invisible
Subject: Random name statistics
Date: 29 Oct 2009 07:05:34
Message: <4ae976fe$1@news.povray.org>
In America, the name "Delilah" is apparently *8 times* more common than
the name "Gemma".

Which is odd really, considering that there are millions of people
called Gemma (I've personally met at least a dozen of them), and nobody
in history has ever been named Delilah (except in that song...)

Or perhaps it's just because we're talking about America? Apparently
about 30 years ago, "Brandy" was a very popular name...

Post a reply to this message

> Which is odd really, considering that there are millions of people
> called Gemma (I've personally met at least a dozen of them), and nobody
> in history has ever been named Delilah (except in that song...)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delilah is not a reference to the song. As
for history . . .

Post a reply to this message

I have never heard of anyone named Gemma before.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]

Post a reply to this message

> In America, the name "Delilah" is apparently *8 times* more common than
> the name "Gemma".
>
> Which is odd really, considering that there are millions of people
> called Gemma (I've personally met at least a dozen of them), and nobody
> in history has ever been named Delilah (except in that song...)
>
> Or perhaps it's just because we're talking about America? Apparently
> about 30 years ago, "Brandy" was a very popular name...

Americans like to pick the most obscure names from the Bible. That way
there's no chance anyone can mistake them for a Jew.

Mike

Post a reply to this message