POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 2012 Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:14:33 EDT (-0400)
  2012 (Message 10 to 19 of 89)
<<< Previous 9 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Warp
Subject: Re: 2012
Date: 19 Oct 2009 04:26:28
Message: <4adc22b4@news.povray.org>
Chambers <Ben### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> OK, good point.  Allow me to clarify: it's the IDEA that annoys me, and
> not the movie per se.

> The reason being that the idea is supposedly based on Mayan beliefs, but
> 5 minutes of research will show that the idea is flawed.

  Why? Speculative fiction is all about "what if?"

  "What if the Mayan calendar really predicts the end of the world in 2012,
like some people believe, and that it will really happen?"

  If you always go with "hey, that's not true, that can't happen", then you
ruin most movies for yourself.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message