POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : English is rough Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:22:16 EDT (-0400)
  English is rough (Message 23 to 32 of 32)
From: Saul Luizaga
Subject: Re: English is rough
Date: 20 Oct 2009 18:20:33
Message: <4ade37b1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Saul Luizaga wrote:
>> This is just what I needed, thanks, I'm taking English classes,
>
> Congrats. I have a terrible time with foreign languages. I had to cheat
> to even pass French class in high school. (altho I was surprised how
> much came back to me 30 years later when I visited France.)

Then you are not far from understanding Spanish, French is a brother of
Spanish and AFAIK also English, having relatively common origin.

You have a good memory then.

Post a reply to this message

From: Saul Luizaga
Subject: Re: And here a youtube version for foreigners like me...
Date: 20 Oct 2009 20:46:08
Message: <4ade59d0$1@news.povray.org>
TC wrote:
> After trying to get my tongue untangled,
>
> (which out of my mouth now dangled),
>
> On to YouTube did I hie,
>
> And behold, there did espy:
>
> A young maiden, bright and fair,
>
> With golden shimmer in her hair,
>
> Undauntedly she offered battle,
>
> Against the poem she'd test her mettle,
>
> And victorious she has been,
>
> A true pronunciation queen.
>

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1spqX4sIDo

In deed very good, and is more help to me, thanks.

Post a reply to this message