POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : English is rough : Re: English is rough Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:21:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: English is rough
From: Darren New
Date: 22 Oct 2009 16:45:38
Message: <4ae0c472$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   I also assume that, unlike me, you know how to pronounce all those words?-)

I think so. Oddly enough, the really long words are the ones with obvious
pronunciation. Probably because nobody pronounces them without having
consciously learned how to pronounce them. (Modulo spelling quirks like
"psychology" coming from greek letters and such.) While they're not easy to
pronounce, they are pronounced how a native speaker would expect from the
spelling.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)