POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Nice reflective sphere ... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:21:17 EDT (-0400)
  Nice reflective sphere ... (Message 1 to 10 of 44)
From: Mike Raiford
Subject: Nice reflective sphere ...
Date: 12 Oct 2009 10:50:14
Message: <4ad34226$1@news.povray.org>
http://blogs.ngm.com/blog_central/2009/10/a-grander-k.html
--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Nice reflective sphere ...
Date: 12 Oct 2009 10:53:53
Message: <4ad34301$1@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:
> http://blogs.ngm.com/blog_central/2009/10/a-grander-k.html

...and here I was thinking that 12g of C12 was *defined as* one mole of
C12 atoms...

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 12 Oct 2009 11:16:08
Message: <4ad34838@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> Mike Raiford wrote:
> > http://blogs.ngm.com/blog_central/2009/10/a-grander-k.html

> ...and here I was thinking that 12g of C12 was *defined as* one mole of
> C12 atoms...

  Hence the definition of 'mole' depends on the definition of 'kilogram',
not the other way around.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 12 Oct 2009 11:17:00
Message: <4ad3486c@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford <"m[raiford]!at"@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://blogs.ngm.com/blog_central/2009/10/a-grander-k.html

  Why can't the kilogram be defined as the weight of exactly 1 litre of
pure water at a certain temperature? After all, that has been the de-facto
definition for forever.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message