POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A little arithmetic Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:22:52 EDT (-0400)
  A little arithmetic (Message 11 to 13 of 13)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: A little arithmetic
Date: 13 Oct 2009 16:47:42
Message: <4ad4e76e$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Can't say I really notice a huge difference for plain text printed at
> different resolutions - then again, maybe it depends how crispy your
> paper is...

Find a piece of text printed at 300DPI on a nice bond paper, then one
printed at 1200, and you can easily see the difference.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

From: scott
Date: 14 Oct 2009 03:28:50
Message: <4ad57db2$1@news.povray.org>
> So is a 1nm object, if you have a sufficiently powerful microscope. :-P

Har har - a "naked eye" doesn't usually have a microscope attached to it :-)

> So 100um might be visible from 40cm away then?

For me it is.

BTW I just checked and I'm sitting about 60 cm away from my monitor, which
equates to 145 dpi if I assume 1/60 degree resolution of my eye.  My monitor
is 95 dpi, so I guess it could be a bit higher resolution, or I need to sit
further back :-)

Post a reply to this message

> BTW I just checked and I'm sitting about 60 cm away from my monitor,
> which equates to 145 dpi if I assume 1/60 degree resolution of my eye.
> My monitor is 95 dpi, so I guess it could be a bit higher resolution, or
> I need to sit further back :-)

I'm just happy I can't see any sub-pixels in _my_ monitor. :)

-Mike