POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A little arithmetic : Re: A little arithmetic Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:26:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A little arithmetic
From: scott
Date: 14 Oct 2009 03:28:50
Message: <4ad57db2$1@news.povray.org>
> So is a 1nm object, if you have a sufficiently powerful microscope. :-P

Har har - a "naked eye" doesn't usually have a microscope attached to it :-)

> So 100um might be visible from 40cm away then?

For me it is.

BTW I just checked and I'm sitting about 60 cm away from my monitor, which
equates to 145 dpi if I assume 1/60 degree resolution of my eye.  My monitor
is 95 dpi, so I guess it could be a bit higher resolution, or I need to sit
further back :-)