POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Inspect DLL Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:20:29 EDT (-0400)
  Inspect DLL (Message 22 to 31 of 61)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Inspect DLL
Date: 12 Oct 2009 12:32:23
Message: <4ad35a17$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> ...see a pattern yet?

Yes. It means Sun is too stupid to even know what a "GUID" is.

> Yep, there's a COM registration for every point-releast from 1.3.0_03 up
> to 1.5.0_11. Which is pretty crazy, no?

No.

> Next time you install some program and it says "registering components"
> or "writing registry keys", this is what it's doing. It's registering
> millions of COM ClassIDs!

Yes.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

From: Darren New
Date: 12 Oct 2009 12:34:03
Message: <4ad35a7b$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
>> I don’t even see the code anymore; all I see now is blonde, br
unette,
>> redhead...
>
> WIN!

For a minute there, I was honestly worried you might say "What?"

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

From: Darren New
Date: 12 Oct 2009 12:36:07
Message: <4ad35af7$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Of course, with no clue what parameters each such function takes, or
> what the hell it's supposed to do, it's still pretty hopeless I guess...

Avoid that crap. That's exactly why there's so much crap-ware out there.
People release crap, and then (even worse) others battle to make it work for
them in a crappy way instead of just saying "Forget it, this is crap."

(Can you tell I'm sick of crapware today?)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

> Yes. It means Sun is too stupid to even know what a "GUID" is.

This was my conclusion also.

Surely the correct behaviour would be to register a single interface and
give it a "do you support this API version?" method...

>> Next time you install some program and it says "registering
>> components" or "writing registry keys", this is what it's doing. It's
>> registering millions of COM ClassIDs!
>
> Yes.

Heh. I lost count of how many Office-related DLLs are in there. There's,
like, A LOT!

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

>>> I don’t even see the code anymore; all I see now is blonde, brunette,
>>> redhead...
>>
>> WIN!
>
> For a minute there, I was honestly worried you might say "What?"

Well, it's not as if I've memorised every scene and every line of dialog
from The Matrix or anything like that...

...Mr Anderson.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/