POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Open usenet servers? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:24:10 EDT (-0400)
  Open usenet servers? (Message 31 to 40 of 58)
From: scott
Subject: Re: Open usenet servers?
Date: 9 Oct 2009 02:14:14
Message: <4aced4b6$1@news.povray.org>
> Well, yes, and therein lies the problem. I've seen this happen dozens of
> times. :-)

That's what the "show latest updated threads" page is for :-)

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Raiford
Date: 9 Oct 2009 12:04:32
Message: <4acf5f10$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/8/2009 11:21 AM, clipka wrote:
> Neeum Zawan schrieb:
>
>> The best system I ever worked with was the various BBS networks
>> (Fidonet, etc). Much better than USENET, much better than web groups,
>> much better than mailing lists...
>
> Ah, good old Fight-o-Net... yeah, those were the days!

Heh Memories ...

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 9 Oct 2009 12:06:56
Message: <4acf5fa0$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> That's what the "show latest updated threads" page is for :-)

If I'm searching on google, what makes you think I'm finding threads from
this year, let alone "latest updated"? :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

>> That's what the "show latest updated threads" page is for :-)
>
> If I'm searching on google, what makes you think I'm finding threads from
> this year, let alone "latest updated"? :-)

I assume that if you noticed a thread had been moved into a different
category, you'd be visiting the forum regularly.  Unless you were unlucky
and the thread was years old but only moved a few days ago and Google hadn't
found the newly moved version yet (then I guess you could use that forum's
search feature, or simply view Google's cached version).

Post a reply to this message

>>> That's what the "show latest updated threads" page is for :-)
>>
>> If I'm searching on google, what makes you think I'm finding threads
>> from this year, let alone "latest updated"? :-)
>
> I assume that if you noticed a thread had been moved into a different
> category, you'd be visiting the forum regularly.

No. I said all I find is someone who posts "Your thread was in the wrong
place. I moved it to the right place" without any indication of where the
"right" place is.

@Wheee. Around in circles.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)