POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Letting off steam Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:26:11 EDT (-0400)
  Letting off steam (Message 1 to 10 of 14)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Letting off steam
Date: 1 Oct 2009 17:11:02
Message: <4ac51ae6$1@news.povray.org>
You know what might be cool?

If Steam could let me play level 1 of Crysis Warhead while it's still
downloading levels 15 though 25...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: nemesis
Subject: Re: Letting off steam
Date: 1 Oct 2009 17:18:03
Message: <4ac51c8b@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 escreveu:
> You know what might be cool?
>
> If Steam could let me play level 1 of Crysis Warhead while it's still
> downloading levels 15 though 25...

I'm looking forward for the day when models, textures, AI and other will
be all streamed on-demand through the network in a game you own the
license to.  Kinda like Google Earth, except with far better graphics...
:) or perhaps it's the contrary and Google will be the one to finally
show how it should be done? :D

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9

Post a reply to this message