POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Letting off steam : Re: Letting off steam Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:19:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Letting off steam
From: nemesis
Date: 1 Oct 2009 17:52:20
Message: <4ac52494@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 escreveu:
> Heh. I'm just waiting for Google Earth to go 3D. I mean, they already
> have crude 3D models of a few buildings. But what if there were some
> satelate technology that allowed the Earth's surface to be scanned in
> true 3D? Not just the bits people bothered to model, but the whole Earth
> in 3D?

You do know it displays true 3D texture mapped surfaces like mountain
ranges, right?  Like, go to Grand Canyon to see it.  There's also a
"flying mode" which makes it for quite a nice flying simulator.  (CTRL+G
or something like that)

It'd only be better if the graphics were up to Crysis... :)

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9