POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Letting off steam Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:20:18 EDT (-0400)
  Letting off steam (Message 5 to 14 of 14)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Letting off steam
Date: 1 Oct 2009 19:38:34
Message: <4ac53d7a$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Heh. I'm just waiting for Google Earth to go 3D.

All you need to do is fly a plane around taking pictures for a day, and then
let the computer crunch on it a while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n0052nWets&fmt=18

http://kart.finn.no/3d/

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

From: St
Date: 2 Oct 2009 03:29:54
Message: <4ac5abf2@news.povray.org>
> You know what might be cool?
>
> If Steam could let me play level 1 of Crysis Warhead while it's still
> downloading levels 15 though 25...

  Huh? There are only 7 levels...

   Unless Steam provides the game in blocks that is... ?

      ~Steve~

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 2 Oct 2009 05:57:51
Message: <4ac5ce9f$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> Orchid XP v8 escreveu:
>> Heh. I'm just waiting for Google Earth to go 3D. I mean, they already
>> have crude 3D models of a few buildings. But what if there were some
>> satelate technology that allowed the Earth's surface to be scanned in
>> true 3D? Not just the bits people bothered to model, but the whole
>> Earth in 3D?
>
> You do know it displays true 3D texture mapped surfaces like mountain
> ranges, right?

Sure, it works for geological features. Doesn't work so well for
man-made structures.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

>> If Steam could let me play level 1 of Crysis Warhead while it's still
>> downloading levels 15 though 25...
>

>   Huh? There are only 7 levels...

Well, given that the game hasn't finished downloading yet, I didn't know
that. :-P

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

>>> If Steam could let me play level 1 of Crysis Warhead while it's still
>>> downloading levels 15 though 25...
>>

>>   Huh? There are only 7 levels...
>
> Well, given that the game hasn't finished downloading yet, I didn't know
> that. :-P

    Ah, ok. You'll enjoy Warhead, they're good levels, hey and you get MP
Wars too, so see ya on the battlefield!  :)

      ~Steve~

Post a reply to this message