POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Letting off steam : Re: Letting off steam Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:26:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Letting off steam
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 2 Oct 2009 14:17:28
Message: <4ac643b8@news.povray.org>
Well, that was fairly short...

It was fun and everything, but I don't think it was quite as good as
Crysis. (I notice, though, that Warhead lets me play even though Process
Explorer is running. Crysis refuses to run unless I disable PE - with is
a massive PITA.)

The pacing wasn't as good, and half the time I didn't really know what
was happening around me. This is mostly because almost all of the dialog
happens while you're being shot to pieces.

Also, some of the missions were fairly boring. Like the one where you
just sit on a train, waiting for it to reach the station. You don't have
to *do* anything, just wait. Or the one where you and a bunch of guys
just have to run to the tunnel entrance. You're utterly surrounded by
alien forces trying to kill you, but actually, if you just ran away, you
don't get injured all that much. So it's basically just an exercise in
running.

Still, it was an enjoyable way to spent 4 hours. I don't suppose I'll

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/