POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Today's crazy thing Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:21:18 EDT (-0400)
  Today's crazy thing (Message 11 to 20 of 69)
From: Sabrina Kilian
Subject: Re: Today's crazy thing
Date: 1 Oct 2009 19:15:05
Message: <4ac537f9$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> You know, this is the first time I've ever heard someone worried about a
> citizen coup of the government. Every person arming themselves I've ever
> heard of that has been worried about it has been arming themselves to
> protect the government from the officials, not to overthrow the
> government. I.e., to restore the constitution, not to overthrow the
> elected government. I think this is probably a new GOP nutcasism, just
> like the birthers.

I don't think any of them believe they, themselves, will be the one to
help over throw the government. But, there must be someone out there who
believes more strongly, and will lead the uprising. And after that,
while the opposing party is herded into the camps they were building for
the secret NSA or Hollywood project, the righteous will need those guns
to keep themselves safe from all the people that don't get picked up in
the first round.

I think I lost the point of this hyperbole, when I started picturing the
nutcase-caste as the invading army in any generic 80's Cold War invasion
movie. And yes, didn't you know? The NSA is working with Hollywood movie
makers to hide those camps in the 'on location' sets for various films.
It has all been planned for years now, why can't anyone see it?!

Post a reply to this message