POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Today's crazy thing : Re: Today's crazy thing Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:19:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Today's crazy thing
From: Shay
Date: 2 Oct 2009 13:13:24
Message: <4ac634b4$1@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott wrote:

> Frankly, I wish they would just save us the idiocy and bloodshed, move
> to Texas, secede, and the rest of us where smart enough to let them turn
> themselves into a third world country, instead of bothering to stop them.

We might get to see it pretty soon. I suspect you all will go after our
401ks in the very near future, and that may very well be the incident
that begins the next revolution. I doubt it will be an armed revolution,
however. My guess is the middle class will just bail out, possibly by
succession of one or a few states.

The rich will stick around collecting "bailouts" till the well runs dry,
and then the historical cycle (if not otherwise interrupted) will be
complete. It'll be the left-behinds waiting in bread lines who are the
next to take up actual arms against the state, but that's a long way off.

  -Shay