POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Programming language development Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:24:32 EDT (-0400)
  Programming language development (Message 31 to 40 of 108)
From: clipka
Subject: Re: Programming language development
Date: 1 Oct 2009 17:37:21
Message: <4ac52111$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New schrieb:

> There was a tremendous amount of hype about how this would change
> software development. The biggest hype was with software reuse, and
> "Software ICs" and such.

Yes, but was that right after the /invention/ of OOP?

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 1 Oct 2009 17:44:46
Message: <4ac522ce$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 schrieb:
>>> Oh, with POV-Ray there's never a shortage of ways to use up CPU
>>> power. :-P
>>
>> There /was/ with 3.6 :-)
>>
>> (Or, let's say, there was some shortage of /convenient/ ways to starve
>> the idle task :-))
>
> I'm still using 3.6. I can easily drain both cores at once. :-P

Sure - if you start two instances of 3.6. But for people like me, who
only work on one project at a time, and don't normally do any
animations, it didn't fit my definition of "convenient".

Post a reply to this message