POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Movie reviews Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:22:36 EDT (-0400)
  Movie reviews (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Darren New
Subject: Movie reviews
Date: 27 Sep 2009 02:56:09
Message: <4abf0c89$1@news.povray.org>
Surrogates:  Pretty good. Good plot twists. Far fewer actual explosions than
you'd expect from a Bruce Willis film.  Decent acting, even.

G.I.Joe: It's sort of like Hasbro said "Go make a movie about out line of
toys" and the director did as best he could to make it a real movie. There
were a few funny lines, a couple of surprises, lots of slow-motions CGI
soldiers jumping around, each person gets a little bit of backstory in
flashbacks, etc. But mostly stuff blowing up. :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

> G.I.Joe: It's sort of like Hasbro said "Go make a movie about out line of
> toys" and the director did as best he could to make it a real movie. There
> were a few funny lines, a couple of surprises, lots of slow-motions CGI
> soldiers jumping around, each person gets a little bit of backstory in
> flashbacks, etc. But mostly stuff blowing up. :-)

Just like Transformers, which I couldn't stand.  I'm waiting for a decent
Thundercats or He-man flick though... :)

Post a reply to this message

> Just like Transformers, which I couldn't stand.

I thought the second Transformers was at the same time both mind-numbingly
stupid and highly entertaining.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)