POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : You fail. Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:20:53 EDT (-0400)
  You fail. (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Invisible
Subject: You fail.
Date: 25 Sep 2009 09:58:06
Message: <4abccc6e$1@news.povray.org>
I took myself off to the storage room to stretch my legs for a while. I
got to puzzling over the history of desktop computing - operating
systems, device drivers, multitasking, protected memory, etc.

Anyway, I just got back to my desk, and... I'm 57 minutes late for the
IT meeting. Ooops!

You Fail.

Post a reply to this message

On Fri, 25 Sep 2009 14:58:05 +0100, Invisible wrote:

> I took myself off to the storage room to stretch my legs for a while. I
> got to puzzling over the history of desktop computing - operating
> systems, device drivers, multitasking, protected memory, etc.
>
> Anyway, I just got back to my desk, and... I'm 57 minutes late for the
> IT meeting. Ooops!
>
> You Fail.

I used to have that problem *all* the time.  Don't feel bad, just
apologise and tell them you were "working through some technical
stuff". ;-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

> I used to have that problem *all* the time.  Don't feel bad, just
> apologise and tell them you were "working through some technical
> stuff". ;-)

Amazingly, this worked...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

> Anyway, I just got back to my desk, and... I'm 57 minutes late for the
> IT meeting. Ooops!

  And instead of going there, you decided to drop a line here?-)

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

>> Anyway, I just got back to my desk, and... I'm 57 minutes late for the
>> IT meeting. Ooops!
>
>   And instead of going there, you decided to drop a line here?-)

Hey, at least I didn't fire up mIRC to let everybody know my PC is on
fire. :-D

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

>> I used to have that problem *all* the time.  Don't feel bad, just
>> apologise and tell them you were "working through some technical
>> stuff". ;-)
>
> Amazingly, this worked...

That's the beauty of IT:  nobody knows how it works, so you can act all
BOFH and they'll buy it. ;)

Post a reply to this message