POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Technology cycles Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:20:44 EDT (-0400)
  Technology cycles (Message 1 to 10 of 17)
From: Invisible
Subject: Technology cycles
Date: 23 Sep 2009 05:11:34
Message: <4ab9e646$1@news.povray.org>
Hahahaha... OK, check this out. I just saw an advert for a "Notebook
privacy filter":

- Fits 1.54" widescreen notebook computers.

- Keeps information confidential even in high traffic areas.

- Only persons directly in front of the monitor can see the image on screen.

...in other words, it reduces the viewing angle. (You know, the thing
Notebook manufacturers have just spend the last 20 years trying to
increase.) WTF?

Post a reply to this message

> ...in other words, it reduces the viewing angle. (You know, the thing
> Notebook manufacturers have just spend the last 20 years trying to
> increase.) WTF?

Yeah, I hate how LCD screens appear so washed out when you're not
sitting directly in front of them. Also, I learned recently that LCD
screens are not immune to Van Eck Phreaking. I wonder if electronic
paper is?

-Mike

Post a reply to this message