POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Technology cycles : Re: Technology cycles Server Time
8 Oct 2024 17:17:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Technology cycles
From: Invisible
Date: 23 Sep 2009 06:33:34
Message: <4ab9f97e$1@news.povray.org>
>> ...in other words, it reduces the viewing angle. (You know, the thing
>> Notebook manufacturers have just spend the last 20 years trying to
>> increase.) WTF?
>
> Yeah, I hate how LCD screens appear so washed out when you're not
> sitting directly in front of them.

Depends on the screen. My old laptop is hopeless; you can never get more
than 20% of the screen visible at once. The other 80% comes out with all
the colours inverted. But my new laptop is completely different. Even
when viewed from quite a sharp angle, it's still at least readable, and
certainly in normal use the colours are all fine.

...unless you fit this device. :-P

> Also, I learned recently that LCD
> screens are not immune to Van Eck Phreaking. I wonder if electronic
> paper is?

I think you'll find it's the display cable rather than the display
itself which it putting out detectable radio waves.

If it makes you feel any better, the human brain leaks both electrical
and magnetic signals which are detectable too. As do all your muscles,
by the way. That's one of the main ways sharks hunt - by sensing
electronic nerve pulses.

But you knew that already... ;-)