POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How to lift 600-tonnes ships at virtually no energy costs Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:22:33 EDT (-0400)
  How to lift 600-tonnes ships at virtually no energy costs (Message 1 to 10 of 21)
From: clipka
Subject: How to lift 600-tonnes ships at virtually no energy costs
Date: 19 Sep 2009 10:15:46
Message: <4ab4e792@news.povray.org>
I think this is one of the most ingenious canal lock designs to date:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falkirk_Wheel

Virtually all you need to do is overcome some friction (note that the
thing does not dip into water at the lower basin, otherwise energy would
be needed to displace water in that position). And there's no risk of
breaking of any cables or hydraulic pipes.

Post a reply to this message

On Sat, 19 Sep 2009 16:15:32 +0200, clipka <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote:

>I think this is one of the most ingenious canal lock designs to date:
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falkirk_Wheel

Aye, it's braw. :)
--

Regards