POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wacom tablet Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:24:40 EDT (-0400)
  Wacom tablet (Message 11 to 20 of 44)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Wacom tablet
Date: 18 Sep 2009 14:30:02
Message: <4ab3d1aa@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 11:02:19 +0100, Stephen wrote:

>>Yeah, the Gimp picks that up - and contrary to the linuxwacom web page's
>>assertion, the current release of Gimp understands tilt as well (when
>>applied through the calligraphy tool).
>>

> I've not used mine for about 6 months as I've been meaning to send my
> laptop off for repair. I did not bother installing the software after my
> last system crash and reinstall.

I find I'm actually using both the touchpad and the tablet; the touchpad
is on the keyboard tray, but the tablet's too big for the tray - so if I
am working on something that uses the keyboard extensively, I'm tending
not to use the tablet.  I definitely need to rearrange things on my desk
a little. :-)

And a wrist-rest would probably also be useful, as I otherwise end up
resting my hand on the edge of the desk, which is glass.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

On 18 Sep 2009 14:30:02 -0400, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:

>I find I'm actually using both the touchpad and the tablet; the touchpad
>is on the keyboard tray, but the tablet's too big for the tray - so if I
>am working on something that uses the keyboard extensively, I'm tending
>not to use the tablet.  I definitely need to rearrange things on my desk
>a little. :-)

I found that too so I bought a smaller one. I used ebay so it was not too
expensive.

>And a wrist-rest would probably also be useful, as I otherwise end up
>resting my hand on the edge of the desk, which is glass.

Yes, I've found that too especially at work as I move from project to project.
In the meantime you can use a small folded hand towel. I know that we all carry
one ;)
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

On Sat, 19 Sep 2009 09:12:50 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 18 Sep 2009 14:30:02 -0400, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:
>

>>I find I'm actually using both the touchpad and the tablet; the touchpad
>>is on the keyboard tray, but the tablet's too big for the tray - so if I
>>am working on something that uses the keyboard extensively, I'm tending
>>not to use the tablet.  I definitely need to rearrange things on my desk
>>a little. :-)
>>

> I found that too so I bought a smaller one. I used ebay so it was not
> too expensive.

In my case it's not that the desk isn't big enough, just that there's too
much clutter.  Maybe I'll clean it up this afternoon. :-)

>>And a wrist-rest would probably also be useful, as I otherwise end up
>>resting my hand on the edge of the desk, which is glass.
>
> Yes, I've found that too especially at work as I move from project to
> project. In the meantime you can use a small folded hand towel. I know
> that we all carry one ;)

Hey, that's a good idea, and I have one right here...of course, it's
autographed so I probably don't want to use it for that... ;-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

On 19 Sep 2009 14:46:45 -0400, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:

>In my case it's not that the desk isn't big enough, just that there's too
>much clutter.  Maybe I'll clean it up this afternoon. :-)

And did you? :P

>>>And a wrist-rest would probably also be useful, as I otherwise end up
>>>resting my hand on the edge of the desk, which is glass.
>>
>> Yes, I've found that too especially at work as I move from project to
>> project. In the meantime you can use a small folded hand towel. I know
>> that we all carry one ;)
>
>Hey, that's a good idea, and I have one right here...of course, it's
>autographed so I probably don't want to use it for that... ;-)

Show off ;)
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

On Sat, 19 Sep 2009 23:48:28 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 19 Sep 2009 14:46:45 -0400, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:
>

>>In my case it's not that the desk isn't big enough, just that there's
>>too much clutter.  Maybe I'll clean it up this afternoon. :-)
>>

> And did you? :P

Not yet. ;)

>>> Yes, I've found that too especially at work as I move from project to
>>> project. In the meantime you can use a small folded hand towel. I know
>>> that we all carry one ;)
>>
>>Hey, that's a good idea, and I have one right here...of course, it's
>>autographed so I probably don't want to use it for that... ;-)
>
> Show off ;)

At least *someone's* impressed by it. ;-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

On 19 Sep 2009 19:30:05 -0400, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:

>Not yet. ;)

Tsk! Tsk!

>>>Hey, that's a good idea, and I have one right here...of course, it's
>>>autographed so I probably don't want to use it for that... ;-)
>>
>> Show off ;)
>
>At least *someone's* impressed by it. ;-)

Don't panic :-)
--

Regards
     Stephen