POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Today's Random Invention Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:25:27 EDT (-0400)
  Today's Random Invention (Message 14 to 23 of 23)
From: triple r
Subject: Re: Today's Random Invention
Date: 8 Sep 2009 19:20:00
Message: <web.4aa6e5a6daee0290958421d50@news.povray.org>
> clipka wrote:
> > http://www.artlebedev.com/everything/vilcus/
>
> I'm wondering how you could possibly wire it up such that the last image is
> supplying current to all three devices. Or did I miss the joke there?

Like a checkerboard?

 - Ricky

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 8 Sep 2009 19:30:48
Message: <4aa6e928$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New schrieb:
> clipka wrote:
>> http://www.artlebedev.com/everything/vilcus/
>
> I'm wondering how you could possibly wire it up such that the last image
> is supplying current to all three devices. Or did I miss the joke there?

You mean that weird 5x5 multi-plug socket thing? That's quite simple -
consider this arrangement:

  + - + - +
  - + - + -
  + - + - +
  - + - + -
  + - + - +

No matter what pair of adjacent sockets you choose, you always have both
+ and -. And this being AC, it doesn't matter which is which.

Quite a clever design as a gimmick, though I guess it's no better or
worse than other multi-plug sockets.

Post a reply to this message

>> I'm wondering how you could possibly wire it up such that the last image is
>> supplying current to all three devices. Or did I miss the joke there?
>
> Like a checkerboard?

Ah yes. I was just looking at vertical and horizontal rows, as in minimal
lengths of wires. Wiring it in a checkerboard makes much more sense in this
application. Thanks!

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)