POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mysteries of the universe Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:16:52 EDT (-0400)
  Mysteries of the universe (Message 114 to 123 of 223)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Mysteries of the universe
Date: 4 Sep 2009 00:24:22
Message: <4aa09676$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 03 Sep 2009 20:05:56 -0700, Chambers wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> On Thu, 03 Sep 2009 10:27:43 +0100, Invisible wrote:
>>
>>> Some tiny minority of the population, perhaps. But that wouldn't
>>> explain it being so popular.
>>
>> If it was popular, then by definition it was understood by most of
>> those who watched it.
>
> You're assuming that you have to understand something to enjoy it.  As
> exhibit A that this is not the case, may I present "2001"? :)

I actually understood that movie, mostly. :-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 4 Sep 2009 00:25:55
Message: <4aa096d3$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 03 Sep 2009 20:04:42 -0700, Chambers wrote:

> As sci fi, it's really not very good.

This is, sadly, very true.  The characters were pretty well written, and
that's what carried the show.  It certainly wasn't any of the story arcs,
he was just making it up as he went along.  Continuity?  Nah, there
really wasn't any. :-)

It's a pity that his other shows did so poorly.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

On Thu, 03 Sep 2009 20:20:58 -0700, Chambers wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> Not any more we don't.  We're burning China's money. :P
>
> I thought they were burning ours at this point? :o

Only when we've paid it back.....

Jim

Post a reply to this message