POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Oxymoron Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:21:16 EDT (-0400)
  Oxymoron (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Mike Raiford
Subject: Oxymoron
Date: 1 Sep 2009 07:02:50
Message: <4a9cff5a$1@news.povray.org>
I like raytracing, but I'm a very impatient person.

My render contains tons of refraction, HDRI lighting, and focal blur.
It's been running for a week now. :/ even on my quad-core.

Post a reply to this message

> I like raytracing, but I'm a very impatient person.
>
> My render contains tons of refraction, HDRI lighting, and focal blur.
> It's been running for a week now. :/ even on my quad-core.

Focal blur?

You used focal blur and you expect it to finish this millennium??

Post a reply to this message

> You used focal blur and you expect it to finish this millennium??

lol, not just focal blur, but focal blur with tons of overlapping
refractive bits. And, yeah... I estimate it will be done some time this
week ;)

Post a reply to this message

> > You used focal blur and you expect it to finish this millennium??
>
> lol, not just focal blur, but focal blur with tons of overlapping
> refractive bits. And, yeah... I estimate it will be done some time this
> week ;)

we're eager to see it. :D

this Gilles Tran took 23 days, back in 2006, with plenty of blur and glasses:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Glasses_800_edit.png

Post a reply to this message

> this Gilles Tran took 23 days, back in 2006, with plenty of blur and glasses:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Glasses_800_edit.png

Ah yes, everybody's favourit "this is what ray tracing looks like"
image. ;-)

Post a reply to this message

>> You used focal blur and you expect it to finish this millennium??
>
> lol, not just focal blur, but focal blur with tons of overlapping
> refractive bits. And, yeah... I estimate it will be done some time this
> week ;)

Reflection typically doesn't increase render time very much. (Unless you
have *a lot* of highly curved surfaces and high AA settings...)

I once rendered 11,000 reflective spheres over a checkered plane. In a
6,000 frame animation. Only took a week or two on my sucky old laptop...

Post a reply to this message