POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Invisible Meeting? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:25:22 EDT (-0400)
  Invisible Meeting? (Message 11 to 20 of 24)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 4 Messages >>>
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: Invisible Meeting?
Date: 12 Sep 2009 04:13:26
Message: <4aab5826$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   Is that what they call it nowadays? Hard to keep with youth slang...

You know, my old man said almost exactly the same thing. ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Doctor John
Date: 12 Sep 2009 07:35:49
Message: <4aab8795@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:

> I wish I could have made it but it looks like I'll be going up to Chester soon.

Chester?? Uxbridge not good enough for you? Or is it that it's just that
little bit closer to Scotland?

> (To glow in the dark :-)

URENCO perhaps?

John
--
"Eppur si muove" - Galileo Galilei

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 12 Sep 2009 08:40:23
Message: <vc5na59r78mv0hl9n8ospq06mq8g78skq6@4ax.com>
On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 12:41:03 +0100, Doctor John <joh### [at] homecom> wrote:

>Stephen wrote:
>>
>> I wish I could have made it but it looks like I'll be going up to Chester soon.
>
>Chester?? Uxbridge not good enough for you? Or is it that it's just that
>little bit closer to Scotland?

And the Scottish weather :D Fugrit! :(

>> (To glow in the dark :-)
>>

>URENCO perhaps?

I can say yes now but not after I've signed the OSA
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 14 Sep 2009 12:36:23
Message: <4aae7107$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 11 Sep 2009 17:59:58 -0400, Warp wrote:

>> Try to imagine the scene: A weird-looking English bloke, and a German
>> doctor of physics, sitting at a table in an historic English country
>> pub, comparing their USB flash drives.
>
>   Is that what they call it nowadays? Hard to keep with youth slang...

LOL

Post a reply to this message

From: Michael Zier
Date: 15 Sep 2009 09:00:56
Message: <4aaf9008$1@news.povray.org>
Am Fri, 11 Sep 2009 15:36:35 +0100 schrieb Stephen:

> On Fri, 11 Sep 2009 11:28:41 +0100, Orchid XP v8 <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
>
>>Well, that was fun...
>
> Is that all you're going to say?

No, to quote Andrew, it was *great* fun!
Really, I've got a sore throat from talking that much (and that loud for
completeness' sake). It was totally worth the trouble of hiring a car,
crawling through Cambridge rush hour traffic and driving home past
midnight. So many more things to say, so little time... oh well!

So after personal contact and close examination of our mascot, I will
hereby declare Andrew a perfectly normal human being. :)

Let's see, maybe there will be another opportunity...

BTW Andy, I've finally managed to register to your blog. Now waiting for
new entries! ;)

Post a reply to this message

From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 15 Sep 2009 13:12:41
Message: <4aafcb09$1@news.povray.org>
Michael Zier wrote:

> So after personal contact and close examination of our mascot, I will
> hereby declare Andrew a perfectly normal human being. :)

#define perfectly_normal_human_being{
}

-Aero

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 15 Sep 2009 17:07:31
Message: <6b00b51mgdjm55hu2ur0utagg7pl19131a@4ax.com>
On 15 Sep 2009 09:00:56 -0400, Michael Zier <mic### [at] mirizide> wrote:

>No, to quote Andrew, it was *great* fun!
>Really, I've got a sore throat from talking that much (and that loud for
>completeness' sake). It was totally worth the trouble of hiring a car,
>crawling through Cambridge rush hour traffic and driving home past
>midnight. So many more things to say, so little time... oh well!

Yes I've met Andrew twice and I too had a good time.

>So after personal contact and close examination of our mascot, I will
>hereby declare Andrew a perfectly normal human being. :)

I would not go that far :-) :-P

It is nice to meet people when you are travelling.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 16 Sep 2009 03:40:59
Message: <4ab0968b$1@news.povray.org>
>> So after personal contact and close examination of our mascot, I will
>> hereby declare Andrew a perfectly normal human being. :)
>
> I would not go that far :-) :-P

I love you too. :-P

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Michael Zier
Date: 16 Sep 2009 06:28:02
Message: <4AB0BE4B.6050805@mirizi.de>
Eero Ahonen wrote:

> #define perfectly_normal_human_being{
> }

I don't have to define it, it's a built-in identifier. And since we are
still on *povray*.o-t, note I used the correct "declare" too ;)

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 16 Sep 2009 15:25:25
Message: <1qe2b5dbiktu5h7grgeii2of6ssbvl3gea@4ax.com>
On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 08:40:59 +0100, Orchid XP v8 <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:

>>> So after personal contact and close examination of our mascot, I will
>>> hereby declare Andrew a perfectly normal human being. :)
>>
>> I would not go that far :-) :-P
>
>I love you too. :-P

Ahhh!

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 4 Messages >>>