POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Name that style Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:23:39 EDT (-0400)
  Name that style (Message 1 to 10 of 17)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Name that style
Date: 30 Aug 2009 05:30:57
Message: <4a9a46d1$1@news.povray.org>
Take a look at this:

http://www.npor.org.uk/cgi-bin/PSearch.cgi?Fn=PSearch&rec_index=A00959&no=1

Impressive, eh?

Now, what do they call this style of architecture??

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Warp
Subject: Re: Name that style
Date: 30 Aug 2009 06:18:49
Message: <4a9a5208@news.povray.org>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baroque_architecture

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 30 Aug 2009 07:11:15
Message: <ahnk9556r7c624cninm4uscsec6nba0aok@4ax.com>
On 30 Aug 2009 06:18:49 -0400, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

>Orchid XP v8 <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
>> Now, what do they call this style of architecture??
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baroque_architecture

It might possibly be Rococo. I find it hard to distinguish between them

For OTT see:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Org-catedral-granada.jpg

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2370530810059049545zhrhpt
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: andrel
Date: 30 Aug 2009 07:25:38
Message: <4A9A61B2.5030300@hotmail.com>
On 30-8-2009 11:30, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Take a look at this:
>
> http://www.npor.org.uk/cgi-bin/PSearch.cgi?Fn=PSearch&rec_index=A00959&no=1
>
> Impressive, eh?
>
> Now, what do they call this style of architecture??

Aaargh ?

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 30 Aug 2009 08:38:32
Message: <4a9a72c8$1@news.povray.org>
Warp schrieb:
>> Now, what do they call this style of architecture??
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baroque_architecture

For some yet undiscovered reason, first word coming to my mind was
"baroque", too (which makes it a surprise to me that anyone else would
agree, because I have not much of an idea what "baroque" actually /is/).

The building seems late-gothic to me though.

Post a reply to this message

> Now, what do they call this style of architecture??

They call it a Pipe Organ.

(Sorry, couldn't resist :) ).

...Chambers

Post a reply to this message