POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : You thought 4K graphics demos were impressive? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:15:07 EDT (-0400)
  You thought 4K graphics demos were impressive? (Message 23 to 32 of 42)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: You thought 4K graphics demos were impressive?
Date: 29 Aug 2009 11:50:31
Message: <4a994e47@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>> I found a program (I forget what it did) that was runnable in multiple
>> languages simultaneously...
>
>   A polyglot quine?

Sounds suspicously familiar, yes.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Darren New
Date: 29 Aug 2009 12:56:38
Message: <4a995dc6$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> triple_r <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>> cp smr.c smr
>> chmod +x smr

>   That's not C.

Are you sure?  (Serious question...)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Understanding the structure of the universe

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 29 Aug 2009 13:27:48
Message: <4a996514@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Warp wrote:
>> triple_r <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>>> cp smr.c smr
>>> chmod +x smr
>
>>   That's not C.
>
> Are you sure?  (Serious question...)

To clarify, I recognise it's not a full C program, as it's missing main. I
just wonder if it's actually an invalid source file.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Understanding the structure of the universe
    via religion is like understanding the
     structure of computers via Tron.

Post a reply to this message

> To clarify, I recognise it's not a full C program, as it's missing main. I
> just wonder if it's actually an invalid source file.

  It's not a complete C program. AFAIK the C standard requires for main()
to exist.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

>> To clarify, I recognise it's not a full C program, as it's missing main. I
>> just wonder if it's actually an invalid source file.
>
>   It's not a complete C program. AFAIK the C standard requires for main()
> to exist.

Hence my clarification. It's obviously a valid .h file. But is it a valid .c
file?