POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Inadvisible Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:22:03 EDT (-0400)
  Inadvisible (Message 11 to 15 of 15)
From: nemesis
Subject: Re: Inadvisible
Date: 27 Aug 2009 12:49:45
Message: <4a96b929@news.povray.org>
Invisible escreveu:
> http://www.tomshardware.com/news/windows-cpu-gpu,6645.html
>
> Crysis with no GPU? Now I've seen everything!

cool, now povray can target the GPU and expect to have a better
performance on WARP! XD

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 27 Aug 2009 12:57:50
Message: <4a96bb0e$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> But how is it going to work if the entire video card is "missing" like
> they say?

I'm guessing the idea is you can use the video built into the motherboard
and still do fast 3D graphics stuff on it.  Most motherboards still come
with a lame graphics chip you can at least get into the BIOS with, and a lot
of the Intel chips come with build-in video stuff in the chipset that uses
system memory as backing store.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Understanding the structure of the universe

Post a reply to this message