POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Inadvisible : Re: Inadvisible Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:12:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Inadvisible
From: scott
Date: 28 Aug 2009 04:29:38
Message: <4a979572$1@news.povray.org>
>>> But how is it going to work if the entire video card is "missing" like
>>> they say?
>>

> They say (at least now): missing *video card driver*.
> The video card is ok, but the driver could be corrupted/missing/gone
> fishing...

It still says this bit on my browser:

"Systems built to take advantage of WARP from a hardware standpoint will be
able to display graphics even when the video card is missing-or toasted."

After reading the MS website, I think what they mean is that even when your
PC has no graphics card *at all*, the CPU can still generate graphics
(including 3D stuff) and pipe the display down a remote desktop connection
or whatever.