POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : What I'm learning about open source Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:11:33 EDT (-0400)
  What I'm learning about open source (Message 58 to 67 of 67)
From: Chambers
Subject: Re: What I'm learning about open source
Date: 27 Aug 2009 09:55:55
Message: <4a96906b$1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
> Darren New wrote:
>> When a project, no matter how well known, is still at 0.xxx after six
>> years, it's probably because it really does actually still suck to the
>> point where you don't want to try to use it in a professional setting.
>>

> What about Wine?

There's a reason they named it what they did.

...Chambers

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 27 Aug 2009 12:20:05
Message: <4a96b235$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 01:34:40 +0100, Doctor John wrote:

> Just how many machines and/or users have you got on your system? The
> word overkill comes to mind ;-) Seems a little like using Maxima to
> balance your cheque book to me :-) I stand in awe but ... *Walks away
> shaking head, but still impressed*

Three users (the cats can't use computers - yet).  But I work in the
networking industry, and prior to my current role, much of what I have
here was set up as a lab.

Technically, there are other users, but not who use the printer - I host
a photo repository for an online community as well.

Here at my desk (in my home office), I have 5 computers, including one
laptop.  My wife and stepson each have a laptop, and my stepson has a
gaming PC as well.  I also have a laptop sitting on a desk in my office
in Provo (which I use remotely from time to time). :-)

Yeah, perhaps a little overkill, but I enjoy keeping my hand in the
technical side of things. :-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message