POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : What I'm learning about open source : Re: What I'm learning about open source Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:27:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What I'm learning about open source
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 27 Aug 2009 12:20:05
Message: <4a96b235$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 01:34:40 +0100, Doctor John wrote:

> Just how many machines and/or users have you got on your system? The
> word overkill comes to mind ;-) Seems a little like using Maxima to
> balance your cheque book to me :-) I stand in awe but ... *Walks away
> shaking head, but still impressed*

Three users (the cats can't use computers - yet).  But I work in the
networking industry, and prior to my current role, much of what I have
here was set up as a lab.

Technically, there are other users, but not who use the printer - I host
a photo repository for an online community as well.

Here at my desk (in my home office), I have 5 computers, including one
laptop.  My wife and stepson each have a laptop, and my stepson has a
gaming PC as well.  I also have a laptop sitting on a desk in my office
in Provo (which I use remotely from time to time). :-)

Yeah, perhaps a little overkill, but I enjoy keeping my hand in the
technical side of things. :-)

Jim