POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : What I'm learning about open source Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:15:12 EDT (-0400)
  What I'm learning about open source (Message 11 to 20 of 67)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: What I'm learning about open source
Date: 25 Aug 2009 11:24:42
Message: <4a94023a$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> FOSS version numbers usually grow at snail pace.

Yes, and I used to think that was just because there was no pressure to
market "new" versions. I found I was wrong. :-)

(I've also seen version numbers like 0.9.9.89 as well as version numbers
that go backwards for some reason.)

IMO, when you release it to the outside world, that's 1.0. Anything less and
you're just making excuses.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Understanding the structure of the universe

Post a reply to this message